Appliances for Sleep Disorders
A dental appliance for treatment for snoring is a simple two piece appliance that repositions the jaw and throat tissue so that airway space is greatly increased. The improved airflow reduces and often eliminates snoring thereby allowing a more restful sleep. The positioner snaps easily over both upper and lower teeth and is highly effective.
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you may be a candidate for oral appliance therapy:
- My snoring affects my relationship with my bed partner
- My snoring is loud
- I have made previous attempts to fix my snoring
- My snoring affects people when I am sleeping away from home (i.e. hotel, camping, hunting, etc)
- I fall asleep easily while watching television
- I fall asleep easily while sitting or reading
If you have any questions regarding sleep apnea, snoring or oral appliance therapy, please contact our office and we will be happy to answer your questions.